Formentor two weeks ago


We left our Marina very late in the night that Thursday. We were off around 2.30 am and started our watches straight away. Alex slept the first part as he already had been working for 16 hours that day. When it was my time to finally crash (around 5.30am) I fell asleep next to Alex in the cockpit, but not for long before he woke me up again. Was dizzy as it felt like I just had closed my eyes, but Alex wanted me up for some reason. A good reason! Around twenty dolphins were jumping around our boat, making clicking noise and wanted to play in the early shades of the bright sun that was just about to rise. It was magical. I felt like I was somewhere between dream and reality. I was actually dreaming about dolphins just when Alex woke me up so for some seconds I really couldn't make sense of where I was. It was just too beautiful. I wish I had the power to run up for the camera straight away to snap some pics of the playful animals jumping in the yellow streams of the early morning sunrise, but this is the best I got.
Early morning in Marina de Bonaire.
Breakfast..
We met a guy with a beautiful big brother to our Caos. A Hallberg Rassy 53.
Time to leave for next destination.


Baked some bacon/rucola empanadas before heading underwater.
We have given up our regular dinghy for a while as it is too much of drama every time we use it. Instead we're using this very convenient, plastic boat which is perfect to transport the diving gear with to shore.

Our genoa halyard was stuck into one clevis pin so Alex had to get up on the mast to release it. This is how Formentor look like from the mast.
Photobucket
Later that night we had a chance to try out our new grill. Served a tasty entrecote with my home made marinade accompanied with a creamy potato gratin and grilled vegetables. After dinner we went up to the bow to admire the stars and we both fell asleep on deck.
Photobucket
This is the first sight I got when I woke up again around 6.30. 20% of my body was rolled over outside of the toerail and I was facing down into the water. I must say I was feeling a bit confused when the first thing I encounter when I opened up my eyes was sea weed? Interesting.

More pics and stories soon, need to get out and help the guys with the rigging wires. /T