Winter in Helsinki

Not much sailing on these waters right now, though it is perfect for a promenade or skiing and the water will probably be covered with 20-50 cm of ice for a couple of more weeks.
Boats on the hard.
Uspensky orthodox cathedral, one of the most important symbols showcasing the Russian impact on Finnish history.
Homemade berry pie.
Photography in my veins/my father.
The ferry I've taken about a million times in my childhood/youth. This one goes between Helsinki, Finland-Stockholm, Sweden. I lived the first eight years of my life in Finland, the following sixteen in Sweden and the rest a little bit everywhere in the world as you already might know.
Finnish coast guard.
Everything is still covered with snow.
My best friends café? 
Tram in the city.
Typical townhouse 1.
Typical townhouse 2.
Beautiful wooden boat and the electricity center in the background (or whatever it is called in English?) power plant in the background.
One of many of Alvar Aaltos works. Finland's most famous architect. He once said: "We should work for simple, good, undecorated things" "but things which are in harmony with the human being and organically suited for the little man on the street." 
A given stop on every Helsinki visit. Finnish chocolate at its best, from Fazer.
Another must-stop after cold winter promenades, the bar at Hotel Kämp.
With one of my sisters. I have five sisters/half sisters/step sisters FYI. This is the only one with the same mother. (What happened to my hair on this pic? Jesus Christ.)
Homemade dinner.
With one of my other lovely sisters.
Yes it was cold. Terribly inhumanly cold but as I came here for bad news which turned out to transform into very good news, I am extremely happy anyway and it was definitely worth all those minus-degrees to fly over and spend some days with my two (of three) families. Although I prefer to live in the sun and as far away from coldness like this, as possible, Finland will always have a special place in my heart. Hoping to be able to show the Finnish summer to you all one day as well because as beautiful it might be in the winter, it is even more dreamlike when in bloom. Will bring Alex with me next time for sure.

Now: Flying to Paris to spend a night with one of my good friends due to 12 hours waiting in between flights and then finally home to my baby in Martinique again.