Feeling it

Alex has flown back to Boston to drive home his motorcycle to Miami so I can cook as much brussels sprouts as I want without complain hehe.. brussels sprouts, capers, broccoli, asparagus. Personally I love them all. But what I love even more is the fact that I can again enjoy cooking at home. The sunlight that casts its rays and shadows on the mahogany in very inspiring ways. The heat that allow me to keep all hatches open, letting a cool breeze run through the boat. Add to that some good music. D'Angelo's new much-longed-for album as an example (first one in 14 years), playing loud from the wireless speaker. I might not be in heaven but honestly not too far from it. Should I also mention that I attended a very gentle and soulful sunrise yoga class on the beach a few hours ago. Aaaah.... life is slowly flowing back into my body in all the energizing ways I have missed so much.
Today's lunch consisted of caramelized onion and garlic with the mentioned brussels sprouts, plus oven roasted carrots with a herbal lemon oil poured over them. Think I'm going to cut myself a fresh mango for snacks. They looked too damn sweet to resist.

Life, I LOVE YOU.