Dish of the week

It has been quite a busy year for me, therefore the lack of writings from my part. They are quite a high maintenance both my woman and the boat and most of these last fifteen months has meant to make these two women of my life happy and ready for this journey we have now embarked on. Finally I can see a little bit of relief on both the maintenance and stress and we all look forward to get some well deserved vacation once we get to the Caribbean.

I want to share with you my toerail to toerail rolling dish even though I am sure most of you sailors already are familiar with it. Some days at sea are just not meant for gourmet cookings as the 15 foot following seas and strong winds doesn't allow you to much more than boiling pasta opening a can ... you got the picture. This is how you do it.

Boil pasta, panfry one can of corned beef, add fried and dry onions, mix all together and enjoy. This is very good. If you ask Taru she maybe will say that the smell and consistence of corned beef reminds her of the smell and consistence of cat food coming from cans with obscure names like "pussy" or "mjau" but who said life on sea always should be easy? Bon Appétit. 

Alex