Early morning in Antigua

Today was the first morning in about two weeks that I woke up at 6.40 sharp, happy and relaxed. Finally back to normal! I feel pure again. Ok, purer at least. And look who I met on the road when I went out to buy fresh baguettes for our breakfast. A mommy with her two kids. They got a bit nervous when I brought up the camera and ran quickly behind me without looking back. How adorable are they with their funky ears and their disturbingly cute appearance.

What I have wondered though is why the people here doesn't hunt and eat these animals since there's full of goats in the mountains. Haven't seen a goat dish on any menu in the restaurants so far. Are the goats here considered as dirty animals climbing the hills or are they perhaps holy like the cows in India? Or are chicken and pigs the only thing they know how to slaughter in the Caribbean? Personally I could imagine the meat of these goats to be very tender as they climb the hills day and night and they keep themselves muscular and healthy. Can someone inform me please so I can sleep at night. And don't worry vegetarians, I'm not about to hunt them myself - to kill a 10 kilos (22 pounds) fish is enough drama for me - I'm just wondering a bit about the Caribbean goat culture. /T