Morning glory

I remember that earlier, while we still were kind of attached to land and lived in Barcelona, I was sometimes wondering about how some of the cruisers we had the chance to meet got their energy and why they were so boring in the nights. They seemed to wake up so early full with energy and they were always tired and sleepy for a late nights dinner or a good party - something that me/we still occupied us with at occasions in our hometown - now I have came to a complete understanding.

When living so close to the nature, you want nothing else than to take advantage of all the sunshine hours you can get and nowadays I wake up at 6.40 - every single morning. It is like I had an inner alarm telling me that exactly at 6.40 it is about time to get up to not waste your time and I find it very refreshing to get out from the cabin, open the doors of the companion way and get greeted by the warm sun which is just about to rise. On the other hand I have hard to keep my eyes open after 9.30 pm and more than once a week I fall heavily asleep on the couch in our saloon or on the comfortable cushions in the cockpit after dinner. My body and soul have slowly got synchronized with the flow of the nature and rather than following the beat of the night like the night creature I earlier might have been, I now get up perfectly in time for when the sun rises and I go to bed when the sun have disappeared with it's light and warmth behind the horizon, instead of the opposite.

Very interesting. I can't even remember the night we were up after midnight and thankful I am for that, especially here in the Caribbean as the sun rises very early and also goes down soon after 6.30 every night. There are very few sunshine hours and these we want to take care of as much as we can. Very fascinating how the human mind and body have so easy to adapt and most wonderful it is how much better and cleaner the soul and mind feels when living by the laws and flows of the nature. And what an incredibly good sleep you get on top of that. Of course I can occasionally miss a real good wild fiesta, but now I kind of wonder if I really would have the energy for it all. Times has definitely changed. It is interesting, strange and beautiful at the very same time.