Mango dreams

A couple of years ago, one of my very good friends brought with him a couple of fresh chaunsa mangoes that he had picked in his own garden in Karachi, Southern Pakistan. They had been harvested in the morning just before his flight left to Europe and one of my most profound mango memories are from the evening when his flight arrived to Barcelona and I got to taste the most delicious and sweet mangoes that I never even thought existed on this planet. I mean, they were not mangoes as most of us know them, they were something else. They were the real deal. Tiny fruits but with the sweetest taste you can ever imagine. I never thought I would come across such delightful and perfected mango fruits again before perhaps when we would arrive to Pakistan and get the chance to visit my friend on this tour, around year 2013 at the earliest. But yesterday something happened that made me fall back in love with the fruit again. Marshall, a local guy who we've learned to know here in Antigua brought with him a huge bag of the freshest mangoes for us to taste, straight from his own garden and although they might not exactly be the same style and sort as the Pakistani version, they are pretty damn close to perfection. I know for sure that I will never be able to eat imported mangoes from supermarkets again after having had tasted these little wonders. They just aren't the same thing. And I definitely know what will be on the top priority list that day when we decide to build our own house, a beautiful mango tree in the heart of the garden.