End of an era

So this is the photo that Alex likes to call the sailing giraffe.. Anyways, great that my hair is almost back to my normal original shade don't you think? Feels very good not having to dye my poor scalp any longer. Can you imagine what a damage you do to your hair, dyeing it every month for say, ten-fifteen years? 
Was just checking through the different stages of my decolorization process that I've been hustlin' with this past year. From the black I had lived with for a few years to an unidentifiable orange/yellow shade to some sort of blond and then I threw in a chocolate brown toner to finally after a few weeks be back with (almost) the shade that I was born with. Not quite at the end of this story yet but thinking that the sun and salt water will be able to deal with the rest and even it out a bit more. I know it is sad that we're almost at the end of this entertaining hair documentary but life goes on, doesn't it.

Which color was your favorite?